Our newly opened office in Tokyo plays a strategic role in the current and future success of the group, as Japan today hosts our largest clients and closest partners, and offers the biggest market opportunity. As pre-sales engineer, you will play a pivotal role between our clients and prospects in Japan, and our R&D centre in Taiwan.
- Work hand-in-hand with account managers in Japan to qualify early leads
- Engage directly with key B2B clients and prospects on a technical level to assess their needs, challenge assumptions and provide technical support to win projects
- Liaise with tech teams in Taiwan to brain-storm solutions, design POCs and deliver solutions
– Exceptional business acumen, able to hold constructive discussions in customer meetings
– Ability to understand and summarize industry-specific operational and business complexities
– Capable of conceiving technical architecture and solutions under strong time and costs constrains
– Excellent communications skills, able to animate teams spread across different countries and time zones
– Able to thrive and lead in an international environment, while still able to engage with traditional large companies in Japan
– Strong at Raw Data Processing in generic formats (CSV, JSON) and proficiency in binary/hexadecimal conversion
– Understanding of hardware (CPU, module, network connectivity), software (notably middleware, API etc) and be familiar with wireless communication protocols, notably LPWAN (LTE-M, Sigfox, LoRa…)
– Have a “maker” mindset, looking for solutions to be achieved by a mix of DIY and hack of existing solutions.
– Japanese & English mandatory, Chinese and/or French would be a plus